2 cups rolled old fashioned oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 medium avocado, pureed
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 pint Chocolate Halo Top
4 ounces 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- To a food processor (or blender), add oats and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt and cocoa powder. Process until uniform consistency achieved, usually about 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, add pureed avocado, an egg, almond extract, almond milk, and maple syrup. Mix together with a spatula.
- Slowly add 1/4 cup of the oat flour mixture into the wet avocado mash. Mix together and continuing adding until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter and distribute evenly into four 3-inch round or rectangle cake pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in the oven for 28 minutes, or until a wooden stick when inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a wired rack.
- Take the Chocolate Halo Top out of the freezer to soften while cake is cooling.
- Add 1/2 cup serving to the top of each cake, or slather liberally on one cake and stack another cake on top. (This is great for sharing with a sweetie!)
- Garnish with chopped chocolate and enjoy!
Note: You can use a muffin tin sprayed with non-stick spray too. Batter should make about 9-10 muffins.